February 8, 2008

Nothing better than free pancakes and magazines (except sex)

So I realize I am quickly characterizing myself as quite the cheapskate, what with all the raids of Bay Area library CD collections and my newfound scheme to hit every IHOP in the Greater Bay Area this Tuesday so that I can feast on truckloads of pancakes for an entire day - for free, and with four different delicious syrups to choose from. Mmmmmmm. Syrup. But back to me being cheap, or in more politically correct terms, broke. So I found out yesterday that Spin Magazine will offer an entire year of issues for free digitally via Spin's MySpace page. Mmmmmmm. Free music magazines. Every page is up for view; even the ads for those of you who delight in drivel. It's incredibly readable and so far, glitch-free. As you read, you can follow links to a band's (big surprise) MySpace page to actually hear their music and not have to rely on your tired imagination. Wait, is this an ad for IHOP, Spin and MySpace? I think I've just fallen victim to a clever marketing ploy - a hunger-satiated, well-read victim, that is.

No comments: