January 27, 2009

Rant: Where for art thou Coachella lineup announcement?

I awoke today giddy like a tot on Christmas morn, as today was the day the Coachella lineup was to be revealed! So I checked the Internet before I left for work around 8 a.m. Nothing up yet. Once (chained) within the confines of my "cubicle," I started seeking the info at various sites supposedly in the know around 10 a.m., the time when good things usually seem to happen (you know, ticket onsales, traffic-free highways, etc.). No go. All day I searched, and I and sought, and I hunted, only to find nothing but dissatisfaction and frustration, eventually learning that the announcement was postponed until tomorrow. I guess that makes this very moment that I'm writing this Christmas Eve. A last-minute delay certainly doesn't bode well for the lineup. But if it takes an extra day (or seven, or 21) for the promoters, Goldenvoice, to sort out a kickass batch of headliners, so be it. But only as long as that Paul McCartney: headliner, remains a rumor, thank you. To tide myself over, I checked out the Coachella message board which is teeming with all kinds of fun folks. Best message board thread ever: click here.

No comments: